What Do we Believe?
- We believe in one God the Creator of heaven and earth. He exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who is the one and only true Savior of the world. He was born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified for our sins and was resurrected bodily from the dead. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe that everyone must receive Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior in order to have eternal life. We believe that repentance from sin is essential for salvation.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is given to believers as a gift from God. We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts and convinces, gives new life, indwells, comforts, guides, instructs and empowers the believers to bring forth the fruit of the Spirit, the greatest of these being love. We believe the Holy Spirit unites believers with one another in the body of Christ, and equips members with various gifts and ministries. We believe in the empowering (baptism) of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God. It is inspired, infallible, and the final authority for faith and life. Its commands must be obeyed by all believers.
- We believe every member of the church should express his or her obedience to Christ through water baptism by immersion. We practice communion according to the teachings of the New Testament.
- We recognize that God has established pastors and elders in the church who have a responsibility to counsel and instruct the members with the wisdom and guidance of the Holy Spirit according to the teachings of the Bible. Their goal is to equip the saints for the work of ministry.
- We believe Streams Church to be a small part of the body of Christ on earth. We are members of the Church which has been built by Jesus Christ over the last 2000 years, beginning in the New Testament. We express our unity with all Christians who love and serve Jesus as their Lord.
- We expect the commitment of each member of the church to include their time, talents, financial support, prayers and love for fellow Christians.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as either male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary sexes reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27).
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost and the reality of eternal rewards and judgment. We believe in heaven and hell and the existence of angels and demons.